Wednesday, March 30

a stroll down memory lane

Today is my sister's birthday (Happy birthday, C!), which got me thinking back to the good ol' days of childhood....

In the 80's, we looked forward to play dates with Strawberry Shortcake & Friends, Silly Putty, sliding down snowbanks and masterpiece Etch-a-Sketch drawings. A new Cabbage Patch Kid brought you to celebrity status among your girlfriends; the boys preferred "grossing us out" with the adorable doll's arch enemy--the Garbage Pail Kids. My sister and I weren't allowed to collect them...our parents deemed them too graphic!

Just for the sake of reminiscing, a few other long-lost pals from the 80's:

>>Fraggle Rock, The Polka Dot Door, 3-2-1 Contact and Double Dare
>>Speak & Spell, Speak & Math... and wasn't there one more?
>>My Little Pony (especially Cotton Candy, the pink one with little white specks)
>>She-Ra, He-Man and gangs of Transformers
>>Malibu Barbie
>>Lite-Brite
>>Pound Puppies
>>and just as the Sister and I reached our preteens, NKOTB!

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger savvy saver said...

I loved Pound Puppies, He-Man, and Speak and Spell! And I still have my Garbage Pail Kids.

I think the TI toy you missed is the Speak and Read, I never had that one, so I'm not sure

Keep up the great posts!

erin

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Red Ladyblog said...

Thanks, Erin. You're right--it was the Speak & Read. I didn't own that one either, but my elementary school had a couple of them floating around in the library. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home