Tuesday, August 2

beanie baby

I can't believe I've been a Boston resident for an entire month! So far, so good--I've got only a few minor complaints....

Pedestrian traffic signals. Don't get me started. They throw me the red "don't walk" high five when every car is perched at a red light. Why can't I walk?? It's no wonder pedestrians here don't pay signals any attention. However, the signals do make this cute, peeping noise to signal "walk"--somewhat akin to the beeping and blooping uttered by our Tivo.

Donut-centered directions. Everytime we have stopped for driving directions, this is the conversation that ensues:
Us: "Excuse me, sir, do you know how to get to the Starbucks on Comm Ave?"
Sir: "Sure--just go up to the fifth Dunkin' Donuts, take a left, take a right at the next Dunkin' Donuts, go thru the next two sets of lights and it's next to the Dunkin' Donuts on the right."
A franchise monopoly paired with a non-grid street system = driving disaster.

Cobblestone canyons. Quaint rouged brick streets and walkways hint at the bygone times of yesteryear. Understood. But how on earth do you walk on them in heels?

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Brian said...

cute sneakers with a dress is totally acceptable in the city

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post... thanks.

Jake
my site: fish tank for sale

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Eddie said...

lol

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Red Ladyblog said...

Thanks, Jake!

Hey Brian... I haven't resorted to my New Balance sneaks yet, but I'm finding that flip-flops work great for my commute! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home