Friday, August 5

home sick, homesick


Tylenol, Crystal Light lemonade and ice chips for breakfast. I know I'm sick when skipping one of my favorite meals of the day doesn't even phase me. Pretty sure Boyfriend brought some ghetto fabulous germs home from work. He claims he's innocent: as an anesthesiology resident, he's in the sterile OR for the better part of the day. But I'm not buying it.

I'm cuddled up on the couch right now, the warmth of my laptop where it belongs, on my lap, and the coolness of a pillowcase resting under my arm. Soon the pillow will be beneath my head.

I don't get sick very often. Today's dizziness and aching head-ears-throat has also brought on a wave of homesickness. Nobody was better than mom when it came to toast and tea, backrubs and supplying those Ludens cherry cough drops that tasted more like candy than medicine. Now I resort to cheesy daytime TV and another cup of ice chips.

Here's hoping that Boyfriend brings home some hot chicken noodle soup. That, and a box of cherry Ludens, and I may even forget about those pesky germs....

5 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous James said...

Fun blog! Sorry to hear you're sick.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Red Ladyblog said...

Thanks for reading, James! I'm finally starting to feel better. :)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger LadyBuggArtist said...

Hi & Hello,

First: I hope that boyfriend of yours brought you some chicken noodle soup so you can start feeling better. And second: It's always nice to meet another person that love & appreciates Ladybugs.

Dennis

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Red Ladyblog said...

Dennis - thanks, and I like your site!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Tracy Perry said...

I like your site. My sister and I have always thought that Ludens Cherry Cough Drops tasted more like candy than medicine, too. That's funny. Thanks for mentioning the Gutenberg project. I had to bookmark it on my site! Cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home